If you were looking for the perfect cookie, search no further. This recipe is amazing, I mixed pecans with chocolate chips and… I don’t think I’ll be baking any other cookies any time soon. But if you are scared about chocolate and butter and all those unhealthy things that taste so good, do not worry, I added some oats as well. lol
Place a stick of butter in the bowl of your mixer. Beat the butter for a couple of minutes. Add Â½ cup of sugar and Â¾ cup of brown sugar. You can increase the sugar amount if you like them very sweet but keep in mind the chocolate is sweet as well.
Beat the sugar and butter until light and fluffy. When your hands go numb, usually means you need to add two eggs to the mixture. lol Beat the eggs with the butter/sugar mixture and add the vanilla extract. In another bowl mix the flour with the baking soda, salt and cinnamon then pour half of this onto the butter/sugar mixture. Mix well for few minutes then add the remaining flour. When everything looks well incorporated, add the quick oats.
… and we mix again! In a couple of minutes add the chocolate chips.
… and keep mixing! When everything looks cool, add the chopped pecans. The thing is, I really love pecans so I used two cups in my recipe, but if you think is too much for you, feel free to adjust the quantity.
Mix well… for the last time! :)
Next, drop tablespoonfuls of dough on a parchment paper or a silicone baking mat, whatever works for you. Bake them at 350Â° F / 177Â° C for 10-12 minutes and enjoy. I know I did.
- 1 stick (110g) Butter, melted
- Â½ cup Sugar, white
- Â¾ cup Sugar, brown
- 2 Eggs
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1Â½ cups Flour, all purpose
- 1 cup Oats, quick cooking type
- 1 cup Chocolate Chips
- 2 cups Pecans, chopped
- Â½ tsp Cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350Â° F / 177Â° C.
- Beat the melted butter in a mixer. Add the sugar and mix well. In a couple of minutes add the eggs and vanilla extract mix until all is well incorporated.
- In a medium bowl, mix flour, salt, cinnamon and baking soda.
- Add half of the flour mixture to the butter and sugar mixture and swirl well. In a minute, add the remaining flour and keep doing it :).
- Add the quick oats and keep mixing.
- Time to add the chocolate chips and pecans and... mix everything.
- Drop tablespoonfuls of cookie dough onto a parchment paper or silicone baking mat, and bake for 12 minutes.