Don’t let the name of this recipe scare you off, if you are brave enough to try it, might be the best pizza you ever had but then again, I say the same about all my pizzas. This time though, we had peeps over and the enthusiasm was general, the damn pizza disappeared fast and definitive (no leftovers).
As you can probably see, the thing was humongous. I bought a big pizza stone especially for this event and it was also my first try using it and boy what a difference. Actually, this would be my second stone because I have a round one smaller which I used in baking these gorgeous calzone. The one I used for this pizza is rectangular and huge, as big as oven is inside. Took me probably 40 minutes to pre-heat the thing and I had difficulties transferring the pizza to it but we figured it out in the end. We simply used parchment paper and four hands lol.
Anyway, this is it, one of those things that you will never find at your local pizza store. My advice, buy a pizza stone because it is worth it… unless you have space in your yard to build a stone oven, lucky you. Enjoy!
- the entire dough you get from my Easy Pizza Dough Recipe
- 1 cup pizza sauce
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 4 slices bacon, fried and chopped
- 2 cups chicken breast, diced
- 1 cup strawberries, chopped
- balsamic reduction
- basil, chopped
- Preheat oven to 500° F / 260° C.
- Roll out the dough and place it on a pizza tray or pizza stone. Spread pizza sauce evenly over the surface of the pizza. Top evenly with mozzarella cheese, bacon and chicken.
- Bake for 5 minutes, then top with strawberries. Finish baking for another 5 minutes or so or until the crust turns golden brown and is crispy. Remove from oven and top with balsamic reduction and basil.
- Cut into slices and serve while warm.