Yet another pizza recipe, this time with delicatessen, tomatoes and lots of cheese. I am usually into sandwiches and the idea of getting all the deli meats onto a pizza bread pretty much came to me naturally. The result was extremely delicious and this was probably the best pizza I had, so far. Anyway, on with the recipe. No assembly steps here, if you checked some of my other pizza recipes you know the drill already. Some of the big differences here is the use of ketchup instead of pizza sauce and a bit of Frank’s hot sauce, which I really love, but if you can’t get it Tabasco would be just as good.
I used Canadian back bacon, some Polish garlic salami thing and bacon, but you can use whatever you have in the fridge. This is how the thing looked just before baking. As usually, get your oven as hot as it goes and watch the magic happening.
In about 10-15 minute is done, don’t wait too long or you will turn your dough into a cracker. Now, if you look at my picture and can’t see anything special to it, give it a click so you can check a zoomed in version of it, you will see what i’m talking about. Best pizza! Enjoy!
- ½ pizza dough from this recipe
- ½ cup ketchup
- 1 tbsp hot sauce (Frank's or Tabasco)
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 cup mushrooms, diced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup various deli meat, like ham, turkey or chicken, bacon, diced
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 500° F / 260° C
- Roll out the pizza dough and place on a pizza baking pan, or a pizza stone.
- Mix the ketchup with the hot sauce; spread it over the crust. Top with mozzarella cheese.
- Add your deli meat evenly over the entire pizza. Top with mushrooms and cherry tomatoes.
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until cheese is bubbly and crust is golden brown.