Going back to my favorite dish… pizza! It’s amazing how many pizza combinations you can make if you just let your imagination run wild. Some of you might say that original pizza does not include so many toppings and variations and you would be right but making the same one over and over again can get pretty boring, at least for me. For my last pizza recipe I tried to combine chicken fajita flavours with my love for pizza, and this is the end result. I hope you guys enjoy!
- ½ pizza dough from this recipe
- 2 cups shredded chicken
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, julienned
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 ½ cups shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 1 cup shredded Mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 500 F degrees.
- Roll out the pizza dough and place on a pizza baking pan, or a pizza stone.
- In a large skillet, saute the onion and pepper in the olive oil until onion is slightly caramelized.Season with salt, pepper and chili powder. Add shredded chicken and toss everything together.
- Spread salsa over the crust. Top with mozzarella cheese. Top with the chicken mixture evenly over the entire pizza. Top with the Mexican cheese blend.
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until cheese is bubbly and crust is golden brown.