If you run out of pizza ideas you can start mixing different recipes together, like I did here with tacos. Pretty much instead of tortillas I used pizza dough and the result was awesome. Well I never met a pizza I didn’t like either but in fact the last pizza I make, usually is the best I have ever had. Which means this one is less amazing than my next rofl.
Anyway, for details of how to make this thing check out my recipe, for now enjoy the pictures.
- ⅓ pizza dough (from this recipe)
- 1 cup refried beans
- 1 lb extra lean ground beef
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp taco seasoning
- iceberg lettuce
- black olives
- green onions
- salsa (optional)
- sour cream (optional)
- Preheat oven to 500° F / 260° C.
- Roll out the pizza dough and place it on a baking dish or pizza stone.
- Bake the pizza dough for about 5 to 7 minutes, just until it starts to get lightly golden.
- In the mean time, add the olive oil to a skillet; when oil is hot add onion and garlic and saute until onion is translucent. Add ground beef to skillet and taco seasoning. Cook until beef is cooked through.
- Spread the refried beans over the pizza dough, next top with the ground beef mixture; add shredded cheese. Put pizza back in the oven and bake for an additional 5 to 10 minutes or until cheese has melted and crust is golden.
- Finish the pizza off with the rest of the toppings, lettuce, tomatoes, green onions and olives.
- Serve with salsa and sour cream if preferred.