Well, this is it! I never thought I’m going to like artichokes but I did… and I do. Ever since I made my own variation of quattro staggioni pizza, I realized artichokes are not that bad and I kept thinking what else I can use them on.
I know there are tons of recipes out there that include artichokes but I wasn’t ready to try them in a dip or pasta, so I went back to pizza. Pretty safe, I might add, since pizza can be loaded with pretty much any combination of ingredients that you can think of and it is bound to be delicious. In this instance, marinated artichokes were simply amazing, roasted for few minutes on high temperature. Actually now that I think about it, grilling would probably have worked as well which kinda gave me my next idea for my other blog but that’s another post for another time.
Anyway, this is a sort of Mediterranean theme, going back to traditional pizza, with prosciutto and olives along with two types of cheese and of course, the artichokes. I also tried making it look as “rusticky” as I could but it definitely sucks not having a wood stone oven. I hope you guys enjoy it and send me your comments and maybe ideas for new pizza recipes.
- Â½ pizza dough
- 1 5.5 oz can pizza sauce
- 1 large jar marinated artichoke hearts
- 1 pkg cured prosciutto
- Â¼ cup of sun-dried olives
- 1 cup grated Asiago cheese
- 1 cup sliced fresh mozzarella
- Â¼ tsp ground pepper
- 1 tsp fresh rosemary
- Preheat oven to 500° F / 260° C. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Roll out the pizza dough to your desired thickness.
- Place the rolled pizza dough onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Spread pizza sauce as a base then top with asiago cheese, mozzarella slices, prosciutto, artichoke hearts and olives.
- Sprinkle with pepper and bake for 12 minutes or until cheese is melted and browned.
- Garnish with fresh rosemary.