I have to admit, I really like my bread, but who doesn’t. Sweet or savory, the smell of fresh baked bread coming hot out of the oven is something not many people can resist. Zucchini bread though is not something that I tried before, nor is it on my favorite list, but I was always fond of carrot cake so combining the two recipes came as an obvious idea. Unfortunately, it didn’t seem that obvious to me, so wife took over and eventually we created this gorgeous and delicious bread.
If you tried zucchini bread before and you liked it, well, I didn’t. It’s a bit too boring for me, even as a breakfast thing, but add carrots and a couple more ingredients and things will drastically change. The result is amazing and will definitely enhance your morning breakfast. If that doesn’t work for you, maybe because you are as stubborn as I am, feel free to browse my breads category for something more to your taste. Have fun!
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1¾ cup grated zucchini (squeeze out some excess moisture)
- ½ cup grated carrot
- Preheat oven to 350° F / 175° C. Grease a loaf pan with a bit of cooking oil or cooking spray and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix flour, baking powder, baking soda and cinnamon.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs and oil; add sugar and vanilla, and whisk until well combined. Add zucchini and carrot, mix until everything is well incorporated.
- Add flour mixture to zucchini mixture, gently folding until you are satisfied with the result.
- Pour dough into prepared loaf pan and bake for 50 to 60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let cool in pan for 5 to 10 minutes and then move to wire rack to cool completely.