At first glance this might look like a Hawaiian pizza but I changed a couple of things. I wanted something more refreshing and not too fatty so… I got rid of ham because I wasn’t crazy about it anyway, and replaced the normal bacon with Canadian bacon which is very lean and flavourful. However, le piÃ¨ce de rÃ©sistance was the grilled pineapple that turned out to be amazing… ’nuff said. Anyway, I’m more of an action guy so here’s the recipe which I highly recommend to all pizza lovers out there.
- Â½ cup fresh pineapple slices Â¾ inch thick (about 2cm)
- Â½ cup pizza sauce
- Â¼ cup of Canadian bacon cut into bite-size pieces
- 5oz (150g) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1-2 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro or parsley
- 1 pizza dough for a 12in (30cm) pizza - use â…“ of my Easy Pizza Dough recipe
- Cut pineapple in slices Â¾ inch thick (about 2cm) and grill them 5 minutes each side on medium-high or until they are lightly charred. Cut into small cubes and set aside.
- Spread pizza crust with sauce, top with pineapple, Canadian bacon, cheese and cilantro/parsley.
- Preheat your oven to 500Â° F / 260Â° C then bake it for 10-15 minutes or until the crust becomes crisp and the cheese melts. Let stand 5 minutes before slicing.