If you like banana bread but my other recipe seems a bit boring then I have another one, this time with chocolate as well. I used chocolate chips here and the difference in looks and taste was huge, I think it is the best banana bread I had.
- 2 cups flour, all purpose
- ½ tsp salt
- ¾ tsp baking soda
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ⅓ cup butter, softened
- 3 ripe bananas or about 1½ cup mashed bananas
- 2 eggs
- ⅓ cup sour cream
- ½ cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350° F / 175° C.
- Grease a bread pan with butter.
- In a medium bowl add the flour, baking soda, salt and mix together. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, add sugar and butter and beat with a mixer at medium speed until well incorporated. Add banana, eggs, and sour cream; mix well. Add flour mixture; mix at low speed until moist.
- Place chocolate chips in a medium microwave-safe bowl, and microwave at high for 1 minute or until almost melted; stir until the chocolate is smooth. Add 1 cup of the batter to chocolate and stir so that it's well combined.
- Spoon the white batter first in the greased pan, then the chocolate batter, and swirl batters together with a knife. Or you can just spoon a layer of white batter, then a layer of chocolate batter, then white batter, then chocolate and so on but if you stir a little you'll get a nicer bread.
- Bake for about 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- Cool for 10 minutes in the pan, then remove and continue cooling on a wire rack.