Cookies are great, but at some point you can’t actually make a difference, no matter what fancy ingredients you use or the recipe you are following one thing is for certain, the cookie you just ate will soon be as forgettable as the next one… or so I thought. This recipe I want to share is nothing spectacular but it will definitely touch your soul… and taste buds through its simplicity and great taste. I urge you to try it.
Start with a bowl in which you add the softened butter, the white and brown sugar, and the eggs.
Beat this until it becomes light and creamy then add the baking soda, salt and vanilla extract.
Mix for a minute then add the flour and swirl vigorously. Add the chocolate chips and keep at it.
Make little 1 inch (2.5cm) balls with the cookie batter and place them on a cookie sheet about 2 inches (5cm) apart.
Bake them at 375° F / 190° C for like 8 to 12 minutes then cool them on on a wire rack. Oh, and when you start eating, make sure you have somebody around to stop you.
- 2 cup Chocolate Chips, or chunks
- 2Â¾ cups Flour, all purpose
- Â¼ tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 Egg
- Â¾ cup Sugar, white
- Â¾ cup Sugar, brown
- 1 cup Butter, softened
- Preheat oven to 375Â° F / 190Â° C. Line cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, mix the softened butter with white and brown sugar and eggs. Beat until they become light and creamy.
- Add baking soda, salt and vanilla extract and mix for another minute or so.
- Add the flour and make sure everything is well incorporated.
- Make little 1 inch (2.5cm) balls with the cookie batter and place them on a cookie sheet about 2 inches (5cm) apart.
- Bake for about 8 to 12 minutes, make sure you don't over bake them. Let them cool off on a wire rack before you attack. They can be stored in an air tight container... or just eat them really fast. It worked for me.