Things got a bit slow lately with the coming of summer and all the landscaping work that I was “volunteered” for, but I could never say no to a quick strawberry cake. If you like your mojitos as much as I do then this strawberry cake is the perfect dessert to go along with your drink. Just imagine yourself sitting on a lounger, baking in the sun, “somebody else” working your backyard while you enjoy a cold refreshing drink accompanied by my strawberry cake. Neat, eh?
Not a very difficult recipe to make though it kinda got messy when I was trying to remove it from the pan. Still, if you let it cool enough you should be ok. Unfortunately I was in a bit of a rush and while my cake might not win any beauty contests, it was definitely an experience that I will probably repeat as soon as I am finished with this darn landscaping project. Enjoy!
- ½ cup plain vegetable oil
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp white vinegar
- ¾ cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups strawberries, cut into quarters
- Pre-heat oven to 350° F / 175° C
- Mix the egg, milk, vinegar and oil in a big bowl.
- Add the sugar and vanilla essence. Mix well.
- Add the flour and baking powder, and mix well with a whisk till smooth. Add strawberries and mix with a spatula.
- Pour the batter into a round baking dish, which has been buttered or oiled a bit on the sides and bottom to prevent the cake from sticking.
- Bake 60 minutes or till the cake is done and a fork inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.