This is it, final BakingGlory.com recipe for 2014, one of my favorite dishes ever… PIZZA! This is an amazing breakfast dish, so if you have any energy left on January 1st or 2nd, you have to make it. I also concluded my 2014 posts for CookingGlory.com with an appetizer that would really work for a party, go check it out that one as well.
Finally, I wish everybody a Happy New Year and don’t party too hard! :P
- ⅓ pizza dough from my easy pizza dough recipe
- 1½ cups Gruyere cheese, shredded
- 4 eggs
- 8 slices Pancetta
- 4 cocktail tomatoes, cut in quarters
- 2 basil leaves, chopped
- freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 500° F / 260° C. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Roll out the pizza dough to your desired thickness. It can be round or square, I made mine square this time.
- Place the rolled pizza dough onto the prepared baking sheet. Top with shredded cheese. Crack the 4 eggs into each corner of the pizza. Arrange pancetta around eggs. Top with basil leaves and tomatoes and season with black pepper.
- Bake for about 8 to 10 minutes or until golden.