Tonight we made pizza for dinner and I must say it was a lot of fun. I call this Hungry Manâ€™s Pizza because we put lots of ingredients on this pizza from bacon to capers and boy did it turn beautiful and so yum yum. The dough is not a big deal to make, and I will cover the process in detail in a future post. Suffice to say, it is easy and fun.
Note: Unfortunately I wasn’t very clear about this, as one of my readers pointed out, so I figured a little note to remove the confusion would be ok. The dough recipe that I posted along with my Hungry Man’s Pizza, it is enough for two large ones and it is basically the same with Easy Pizza Dough Recipe. I usually wrap one up and store it in the freezer until needed… which is very often actually [heh]. Enjoy!
I started out by pouring the yeast over a cup and a half o warm water.
In the mean time, I placed 4 cups of flour and a tsp of salt in the bowl of my mixer and mixed it a bit. Next I added ? cup of olive oil to the flour mixture.
Mix the oil and flour mixture for a minute or so then add the yeast water. The dough should be elastic, rub it with some olive oil and place it in a bowl covered with a plastic wrap and let it rest in the fridge for about 30 minutes. While the pizza dough is resting in the fridge, get the rest of the ingredients ready.
Now whatever you use do not forget the “piÃ¨ce de rÃ©sistance”, everybody’s favourite. LOTS OF BACON!!!
Well to make a long story short, get the dough from the fridge. Stretch the annoying thing onto a pizza pan, whatever you have around, and start with the sauce. You can make your own sauce of course but at my house we bought it ready made. Next step… cheese. I got a four cheese mix for this, like mozzarella, parmesan, cheddar and havarti but you can use whatever you like. We actually made another pizza the other day with feta cheese and it was awesome. Anyway…
Add everything else as well and get ready for baking.
And here it is! Baked and ready to be destroyed! Now honestly, this thing beats everything you can find for delivery out there, and the good thing about it, you can make it the way you like it, any combination that you might think of, and in my case, HOT!
- 1 cup Cherry Tomatoes, quartered
- 8 slices Bacon
- 1Â½ cup Mozzarella Cheese
- 1 cup Pizza Sauce
- 1 tbsp Capers
- 1 cup Mushrooms sliced
- Â½ cup Olives, sliced
- Roll out the pizza dough and stretch it on a pizza pan or anything that might work for you.
- Preheat oven to 500Â° F / 260Â° C.
- Fry the bacon and get all the other ingredients ready.
- Assemble the pizza, start with the pizza sauce, mozzarella then the rest of the ingredients. Let your imagination run free...
- Bake the pizza for 15 to 20 minutes. Its all about the pan that you are using. I have an aluminum pizza pan and it gets really hot. Probably if you use a stone it would take a bit longer but not more than 30 minutes.