Let me tell you from the start, there is no such thing as Hawaiian pizza, I mean it was not invented in Hawaii if you were wondering. Weird enough, according to Wikipedia, it was created by some dudes in Chatham, Ontario… that’s Canada :P and it consists of tomatoes, cheese, pineapple and Canadian bacon. ;) Ok fine, you can use any bacon then.
I will be using again my famous Easy Pizza Dough recipe, that can be turned into three medium pizzas… or two large ones in which case you need to adjust the quantities of your toppings. No big deal though, pizza is not rocket science, toppings are more a matter of preference, you can use less or more of them but try mine before you decide to go solo.
Roll the piece of dough and don’t try to throw it in the air and whatnot, it only works with huge discs :P. Add your pizza sauce…now!
Chop some ham and fry some bacon.
Shiitake mushrooms and chop some pineapple as well.
Spread everything onto your dough, start with cheese, end with pineapple. Did you notice the mushrooms? :)
Preheat oven to 500Â° F / 260Â° C and bake for 10 minutes or so. Watch it like a hawk so it doesn’t turn into a charred cracker. :)
- Â½ cup Pizza Sauce
- 1oz (30g) Bacon strips
- Â½ cup Mozzarella, shredded
- 1.4oz (40g) Ham
- Â½ cup Shiitake Mushrooms
- Â¼ cup Pineapple, chopped
- pinch of basil
- Fry the bacon, chop the ham.
- Get pineapple ready as well. I didn't chop my mushrooms on this one but it is up to you of course.
- Preheat oven to 500Â° F / 260Â° C.
- After rolling out the pizza dough, add the sauce by spreading it evenly on top of it.
- Spread your goodies onto the dough, start with cheese, end with pineapple. Chop some basil on top of it as well if you want.
- Bake for about 15-20 minutes.