I have been trying to make this pizza for a while now, procrastinating mostly because my wife doesn’t really like the ingredients I am using here and I also had other delicious things lined up. Still, here it is finally.
Don’t let the name amuse you too much, it is not something that you can find in your local pizza delivery shop. Heck, as far as I know nobody makes it. For some reason people around my parts don’t really enjoy tuna on a flatbread, but anchovies make for a different story, they can be found here and there, in weird combinations, but trust me when I tell you, this thing is so different than anything you were used to, you are bound to fall in love with it, because different is good, yes?. Anyway, I think of it as a summer dish, it is a bit on the salty side but works miracles next to a big stack of cold Corona.
Ingredients used are simple and probably part of everybody’s pantry and if you can improve it in any way I would really like to hear about it. Enjoy!
- Half of my easy pizza recipe
- pizza sauce
- shiitake mushrooms
- ½ small can of tuna flakes, in water
- black or green olives, sliced
- 1 cup or more mozzarella, shredded
- fresh rosemary, choped
- Preheat oven to 500° F / 260° C.
- Roll out the dough and place it on a pizza tray. Spread pizza sauce evenly over the surface of the pizza; add mozzarella, tuna, anchovies and mushrooms.
- Top with pieces of olives and bake for 10-15 minutes.