It was time I made some cookies, though we bake some sort or another almost every week, my forever problem is how to contain my cravings long enough to make a couple of pictures. This time I managed to resist the urge and get them into my blog.
Now I know is not a very complicated recipe but some friends kept asking for instructions so I figured, other peeps might be interested too. These cookies are so easy and fast to make is not even funny and can be done in a moments notice, using things that are impossible to miss from your pantry/fridge. Well, if they are, then run to the grocery store and buy cookies ‘cos baking is not for you. :P
Hope you enjoy it!
- 1Â½ cups salted butter, softened
- 1 cup confectioners sugar (icing sugar or powdered sugar)
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 325° F / 160° C.
- Blend butter until smooth in a large bowl using an electric mixer set at medium speed. Slowly blend in the icing sugar. Scrape down the sides of the bowl and combine thoroughly. Add flour and mix at low speed until well blended.
- Pat dough into an ungreased cookie sheet. Alternatively you can roll out the dough so that it's about Â¼ of an inch in thickness and cut them to your desired shape. I placed parchment paper on my cookie sheet, but it's not necessary.
- Bake for 18 to 20 minutes, or until just done (slightly golden in color). Do not let it get brown. Remove from oven and sprinkle with colored sugar or other sprinkles if desired. Cut into squares if you haven't pre-cut them and place cookie sheet on wire rack to cool for 10 minutes. Remove from pan and enjoy!