If you have a sweet tooth and peanut butter and jelly does not seem to work good enough to satisfy your cravings, I recommend making a bunch of cookies as your next step. Well there is also the option of going to the store for some chocolate but cookies are better anyway, you can have some as a snack, breakfast or dessert without looking weird.
They are fast to make, maybe too fast actually. You can have your house filled with the cookies aroma in less than thirty minutes and another bonus is that you can come up with your own recipe too. Just like pizza, there is no limit to the number of variations that you can make and you can involve your children in the process too, is that easy. Enjoy!
- 1 cup butter softened
- Â¾ cup sugar
- Â¾ cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking soda
- Â¼ tsp salt
- 2Â¾ cup all purpose flour
- 2 cups chocolate chips or chunks
- mini chocolate caramels, I used mini rolos
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line cookie sheet with parchment paper or leave ungreased.
- Cream the butter with the sugars and eggs, and add the vanilla in a large bowl until light. Beat in the baking soda and salt. Stir in flour to make the dough stiff. Blend in chocolate chips/chunks.
- Take a small scoop of cookie dough, roll it into a ball. Using your thumb press into the center and add a few mini chocolate caramels, about 3 or 4, in the center, then re-roll the ball to cover the caramel. Repeat with remaining cookie dough.
- Place cookie balls on prepared cookie sheet.
- Bake 9 to 11 minutes or until just barely golden. DO NOT OVER BAKE. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- This makes about 50 cookies for me. Keep in airtight container.